Naval Battle: Mission Commander - now that’s an impressive name, isn’t it? The game having such a title should be impressive, right?
Well, I don’t know if the term is right, but it’s pretty close.
The name says that is a game with ships. Ship game on a mobile phone? Actually, that’s true, I don’t know if a mobile game with ships exists(editor’s note: yes, there are some naval battle mobile games, but indeed they suck compared to this one). Even if it would, you don’t need it if you have this one.
Why? Well, first because you haven’t seen anything like it on a mobile.
Let’s see: The game is a classic: on a grid the players place a few ships and then they start to hit one after another. Pretty boring and repetitive, one might say.
No, not this game: You can play up to 18 different campaign missions, salvo rules, advanced rules and the original mode.
What?! Original mode? Yes, because Gameloft added some little things which make the game very interesting and make the gamer feel like a real captain.
Little correction – you’ll feel like a fleet admiral (you’ll also have the rank of one) after finishing all the campaign missions.
- Salvo rules: each player will fire a salvo of five shots trying to hit enemy ships. When a ship is lost, the number of shots in a salvo decreases as well.
- During the game, after five shots each player has a special strike.
- With advanced rules only the special moves of the remaining ships can be used.
- Once you destroy a few enemy ships with the devastating fire barrage of your mighty battleship you’ll almost feel sorry for the opponent .
- You prefer harassment tactics? The torpedoes can do the job. Depth charges too.
- Maybe you prefer to find out where your enemy’s ships are by scouting with carrier’s ships? More strikes are available throughout the game, opening great strategic possibilities.
- Want more? You’re in for a surprise. You can send fire barrages or devastating salvos towards the ships of your friends.
- Does your friend have a java bluetooth capable phone – then the multiplayer option is the best choice for fun all arount. If not, no problem: the hot seat mode makes the game pretty enjoyable as well.
This game has a LOT to offer and is a total must have. Really!